Welcome to the Sanctuary Thailand Wellness Center
Thank you for choosing The Sanctuary Wellness Centre for your fasting journey.
Congratulations! You are about to embark on perhaps one of the most powerful and purifying endeavors of your life – a personal journey of self-care and self awakening.
Fasting is one of the oldest, most powerful and more natural forms of healing. The fasting process cleanses the body of toxins, helps to eliminate unwanted and unnecessary weight, strengthens the digestive system and immune system and improves the functioning of the body, mind and soul. Fasting provides us with a powerful tool for self-examination. We are given the chance to contemplate our attachments and desires – to food, but also to many other things in our lives. This can be a great time to make different goals and changes for your life beyond this cleanse.
Take advantage of our beautiful, natural environment. Enjoy walks along the beach, lay in the sunshine, and swim in the ocean. We highly recommend, massage, yoga, Pilates, meditation and the various healing therapies that we have on offer. There is a weekly-changing schedule of workshops and courses on offer, so make sure you pop into the Tea Temple to see what is happening during your stay.
Our staff are here to support you in any way we can, so please always feel comfortable to chat to us and let us know how we can help.
‘Life is a journey, not a destination.’
Enjoy your journey at The Sanctuary.
This pre-cleansing guide is intended to be a comprehensive introduction as well as a source of support and guidance before and during your cleanse. Any questions or if anything is unclear, do get in touch with us, or discuss things with the Wellness Centre team when you get here.
We have done everything possible to ensure that your time here is safe and productive. Ultimately though, a big part of your purpose here is to undo old habits and create more desirable lifestyle changes – a task that is ultimately in your hands.
We would like to inform our guests that The Sanctuary Wellness Centre is not a medical facility and we are here to serve only as experienced guides during your own cleansing experience. The Sanctuary Wellness Center is not intended to be a substitute for conventional or alternative medical service in any way. We do not claim t o “fix” or “cure” any chronic or acute diseases and symptoms. You are the one responsible for your health. In order to make decisions in all health matters, you must educate yourself. We are here to help and aim to provide you with the tools to make positive lifestyle choices in and for your own body.
If you have any doubts about your health or any pre-existing condition then it is best to get advice from your health practitioner prior to your arrival to determine if it is safe for you to cleanse.
Please note that The Sanctuary Thailand accepts no liability for any direct, indirect or consequential damage, or any losses, or other liability whatsoever resulting from detoxing or fasting at our Centre.
We do not accept any persons for our detox programs if they are suffering from any of the following:
- Heart Conditions
- Stomach Ulcers
- Eating Disorders
- Kidney Diseases
- Liver Diseases
- Bowel Diseases
- Type 1 diabetics
We also do not accept pregnant or nursing mothers for our detox and fasting programs.
How to Prepare For Your Detox
If you are due to commence a detox or fasting program with us, we ask that you pre-fast to prepare yourself before you begin your chosen program. The longer the pre-cleanse the easier your cleanse journey would be, so if you are able to, try following the pre-fast suggestions for 3-5 days before arrival if you can.
If you are travelling by air, be sure to inform your airline of any dietary requirements or simply pack your own snacks. The airline should be able to provide you with whole fruit or a fruit bowl instead of a meal.
So let’s get started with your pre-fast!
What is a Pre-Cleanse or Pre-Fast?
Before beginning your fast journey, it would be very beneficial if you were able to prepare your body for the deeper levels of cleansing by gradually reducing the overall level of toxicity and moving your body into a more alkaline state. This ease on the physical will make your emotional, social, mental, and spiritual fast journey smoother.
If you feel you would like to take longer on your pre-cleanse, or feel the need for a more detailed plan than the one below, have a look on the Sanctuary website : http://www.thesanctuarythailand.com/fasting.html
Please note that the pre-cleanse is not a Calorie Reduction or Calorie Counting program. It is merely an initial elimination/reduction of the load on your digestive system while increasing the intake of nourishing nutrients to kick start the detoxification process.
What to expect on Pre-Cleanse
If your lifestyle is very hectic and stressful or if you consume high quantities of caffeine, alcohol and processed foods then it is possible that you may experience some cleansing reactions once you embark on your Pre-cleanse. Please note that the first few days of the pre-cleanse may be the hardest for everyone. You are not alone. It is not easy for us to break daily habits on any level!
Common cleansing reactions that may appear on your pre-cleanse are usually withdrawal symptoms such as headaches. If you drink a lot of caffeine or rely on other stimulants to get you through your day, remember to gradually reduce your intake first so that the symptoms of the Pre-cleanse are softer. So if you are a 10 mugs of tea type, reduce by half first, swapping in herbal teas as a replacement (please note that green tea also contains caffeine).
Once the initial withdrawal effects are out of the way, you may experience great clarity of thought, improved mental focus and heightened energy.
Can I do my Pre-Cleanse at The Sanctuary?
Can’t fit any pre-cleansing prior to arrival? Don’t worry as you can choose to participate in our Raw Fest Program for 2-3 days or our Gentle Cleanse program before starting the fast. This will lighten the load on your system and get your body cleanse ready. Please see our Raw Fest program inclusions here: http://www.thesanctuarythailand.com/thailand-detox-wellness/fasting-detox-programs.
You can also plan your trip to arrival a couple of days before starting the fast to enjoy our raw food menu tailored to ease people into and out of a full fasting program.
Pre-cleansing: Dietary Guidelines
Please remember the longer and stricter your pre-fast is the more effective your actual detox will be. In an ideal world we would recommend at least ten days pre-fast with the very minimum period being four days prior to your actual detox commencing. Perhaps consider giving yourself a few additional days with us here at The Sanctuary where we can help and guide you during your preparation or pre-fasting period and everything that you need for pre fasting is here at your finger tips. If you have a busier lifestyle and less time to spare then below are some points to consider before joining us:
- Avoid all processed, junk and refined foodstuffs.
- Stick to fresh, fresh, fresh fruits, vegetables, salads, fresh soups and herbal teas.
- Avoid caffeine
- Avoid sugar (though eating 1-2 pieces of fruit a day is absolutely fine, we mean sugar in drinks and refined sugar in foods such as cakes and biscuits)
- Cut down your alcohol consumption, aiming to avoid it completely for five days before your fast.
- No dairy products.
- No red meat and please avoid meat all together for four days prior to joining us (you will thank yourself for this when doing your colonics)
- Please note that when traveling by air all airlines are more than happy to provide you with a special needs menu e.g.: fruit plates etc.
Simply by following these guidelines, your body will already begin to gently detoxify. This will assist your liver a great deal and it will not take as much strain once you begin your fast. It will also greatly aid your colenema experience. We will check your pH levels with a simple litmus paper saliva test before you start your program with us. Anyone who has a high acidic pH result will be asked to do a further day pre-fasting or perhaps more, if needed before starting their program.
Recipes for Pre-Cleanse
The pre-cleanse calls for simple meals, so this could include having fruit (such as mixed berries) for breakfast, a salad of mixed vegetables with nuts and seeds for lunch, or a home made vegetable soup with added lentils or chickpeas, and a simple dinner of mixed steamed vegetables and some poached fish. Eat as many vegetables as you want, the more varied and colorful the better. Dress them with a little olive oil and a squeeze of lemon.
If you can’t wait to get started and really want to go for it with your pre-cleanse, we have some more detailed plans including a selection of our delicious raw food recipes for you to try before you arrive, such as raw Thai vegetable curry, Thai noodle salad and Asian Slaw. Click here for some samples : Recipes
Keys to Success at Your Pre-Cleanse
- Plan and prepare your own meals as much as you can following our recommendation of foods to include and foods to reduce/eliminate. Get plenty of rest and sleep well.
- Snack healthily: choose an apple with 5-6 nuts, or hummus and some carrot sticks
- Have a glass of water with a squeeze of lemon in the morning to start of your day.
- Leave a 12 hour window between your evening meal and your first meal of the day. Don’t eat after 7pm.
- Be sure to drink enough pure water (6-8 glasses a day).
- Make sure you have at least one bowel movement a day. If you are not, increase your fibre intake by eating more plant based foods, take a good broad-spectrum probiotic and make sure you are hydrated. Keeping yourself regular will help avoid the re-absorption of the toxins you are trying to eliminate.
- Walk. Stretch. Jump. Incorporate more movement into your day to stimulate your lymphatic system and get things moving.
Things to Bring (Please note that we sell all essentials in The Sanctuary Shop)
- A positive attitude and an open mind
- Reading material
- Yoga wear and swimwear
- Hiking shoes if you would like to hike in the jungle
- Travel plug adapter or voltage converter.
- Where you can, natural beauty products, labeled paraben free, SLS free.
- In Thailand the power sockets used are of type A, B, C and F:O. Check out the following pictures. You can use your electric appliances in Thailand, if the standard voltage in your country is in between 220 – 240 V (as in the UK, Europe, Australia and most of Asia and Africa). If the standard voltage in your country is in the range of 100 V – 127 V (as in the US, Canada and most South American countries), you need a voltage converter in Thailand.
- Sport refillable bottles (We sell our Trash Hero bottles in our shop : Insert link to show support on website )
- Natural Mosquito repellent
Things not to Bring
- Food or alcohol
- Antiperspirant (anything that blocks your sweat is not good on a cleanse. Natural deodorants, such as you find in health stores, are fine)
- Chemical perfume/aftershave (natural essential oils are fine)
- Skin/Pore blocking cosmetics and lotions (again, natural products are fine if you can get them easily where you live or are travelling from).
Take a look at this link: http://www.thesanctuarythailand.com/detox-support.html before getting here.
If you have any questions before your arrival, feel free to contact us.
General Inquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service Supervisor: email@example.com
Skype: The Sanctuary Thailand Wellness Center
Tel: 081-271-3614 Ext: 15