THE TEA TEMPLE
Located at the entrance to the Sanctuary Gardens, the Tea Temple is a tea house and cafe, healing space, information desk, library, natural health and new-age shop, lounge room all in one… a beautiful multi-purpose space! We serve a variety of teas, shakes and snacks
You can visit the Tea Temple for information about Upcoming Workshops, Retreats and Trainings at the Sanctuary – as well as to book specialist Healing Therapies with our qualified Healers.
The Tea Temple is open between 10am and 5pm from Sunday to Friday.
What can I do at the Tea Temple?
- Unwind with a fresh cup of tea or indulge with one of our healthy shakes and chocolate bliss balls!
- Relax in this chill space enjoying the nature sounds
- Find out more about the natural healing therapies available and make a booking with one of our healers.
- Our shop includes a collection of high quality nutritional supplements and other gifts including crystals, jewellery, tea and tea cups.
- Sign up in advance for our weekly classes, workshops and events
- Browse our library of books related to spirituality, health and other alternative topics; these are free to read within the Tea Temple.
- Escape the sun or rain and meet with a friend or curl up with an interesting book to read.
- Drop in for the The Gathering on Sunday at 3pm to hear from our team in person and learn about the upcoming week of classes and events.
- Grab one of our guitars or drums and express your musical talent!
- Join one of our guest teachers for a free informational class about their area of speciality.
THE TAO OF TEA
Drinking tea is all about taking time out to just be with the moment…
We serve a range of fine teas, including oolong, green, black, masala chai and herbal teas from China, Japan and of course, Thailand. Each tea has been selected for quality and flavour and all are loose-leaf or whole-flower teas.
Oolong and green teas contain high levels of anti-oxidants, which help the body to fight off disease. In addition, they help move stagnant Qi or energy, clearing toxins and heaviness. In many cultures, these teas are drank for weight loss due to their ability to move toxins and improve circulation.
THE QI OF TEA
Many caffeinated drinks such as coffee can raise energy so quickly that one loses their grounding and becomes jittery and scattered. The Qi of tea will rise gradually enough that one does not become ungrounded.